Osu Kannon Temple is a popular temple in central Nagoya. Originally located in neighboring Gifu Prefecture, the temple was moved to its current site by Tokugawa Ieyasu in 1612. The current buildings are 20th century reconstructions.
A flee market is held on the temple grounds on the 18th and 28th of each month, while the adjacent shopping arcade offers Japanese souvenirs and a large variety of other goods every day of the month.Osu Kannon Temple is a few steps from Osu Kannon Station on the Tsurumai Subway Line. The one way trip from Nagoya Station to the temple takes about 10 minutes and costs 200 Yen.